Join the Big On Shoes Family - Positions Vacant
The wonderful Big On Shoes team is comprised of dedicated and motivated people who have a deep love
for fashion and shoes and passionate about great quality design with a high attention to detail and of course love to have fun!
Full Time Retail- Senior Staff
- Position Opened: 12th March 2019
- Position Start Date: 1st April 2019 or 8th April 2019
- Full-Time Retail Senior Role
Big On Shoes is part of the Minto Business Group which also includes Fox and Frank (Clothing Boutique) and Moranbah Blooms (Florist). Big On Shoe has an established online presence as well as two retail stores in Moranbah and Mackay and focuses on customer service, providing the right fit for customers while providing quality products.
As Big On Shoes - Senior Retail (Full-Time) you will work directly with the Big On Shoes team to effectively and efficiently grow the Big On Shoes Moranbah retail outlet and online store. The successful applicant needs to be a highly motivated individual with experience and a passion for customer service, a focus on day-to-day operations and ability to work in a fast changing workplace.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and organisation skills to be able to manage numerous responsibilities with competing deadlines. A strong self-starter with creativity and imagination will thrive in this position.
This role will flow into Moranbah Blooms and Events and Fox and Frank as all businesses are linked, however majority of role is based in Big On Shoes Retail and Online.
- Big On Shoes Retail store Moranbah including: Merchandising, stock management, customer sales and communication
- Email and phone for Customer Support Big On Shoes and Moranbah Blooms
- Online order processing, returns and exchanges
- Stock management including but not limited to transfers, stocktake, stock levels, new product processing, ensuring availability of merchandise and services by placing orders; maintaining inventories.
- Ensuring the Big On Shoes brand purpose, promise & values are at the core of every decision made
- Social Media content development/assistance in line with Big On Shoes and Moranbah Blooms Social Media strategy
- Product photography
- Website coordination of Moranbah Blooms and Events including- content, product and orders
- Coordinating work role of casuals and juniors
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction both instore, online and on phone
- Maintain outstanding store condition and visual merchandising standards
- Deal with issues that arise with staff and customers together with management (complaints, grievances etc)
- Be a leading example of professionalism and assist with leading Big On Shoes Culture as it continues to grow.
Required Knowledge/Skills/Job Qualifications (Preferred but not essential):
- Experience in store/senior retail position
- Strong interest in fashion and shoes
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Self-motivated and confident in making sound business decisions
- Successful with outlining, managing and performing in multi-tasking environment
- Work creatively with limited resources
- Experience with tight deadlines for managing projects
- Creative problem solving
- Team-oriented with positive attitude
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Demonstrated sound organisational and coordination skills
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail
- Experience with Social Media including Facebook, Instagram and Messenger
- Ability to problem solve
Fulltime Role - Monday-Friday 9am-5pm plus some Saturdays 9am-12pm. (Negotiated with successful candidate)
Please note successful candidate will be required to work School Holidays, which will be complimented with casual/part-time support staff.
This role will also spill over to our sister business Moranbah Blooms and Events which sits within Big On Shoes Moranbah operations.
To request a Position Description please contact Melissa on below details.
To apply please email a Detailed Resume, Two References (with current phone details) and Letter of Application to Melissa Westcott at email@example.com or drop into Big On Shoes, Town Square Moranbah.
Position Applications Close: 12pm Friday 22nd March 2019
Big On Shoes and Fox and Frank Moranbah
- Position Opened: 12th March 2019
- Position Start Date: ASAP
- Casual Junior Role
We are looking for a bright, bubbly and fun person to join our team at Big On Shoes and Fox and Frank.
- The role includes- processing stock (steaming, and merchandising), customer service (talking and helping customers as well as transactions), cleaning and assisting with general shop duties.
- A willingness to engage with customers of all ages, provide service and get in and get things done is essential.
- The role will be across Fox and Frank and Big On Shoes and a love of fashion, shoes and clothes is essential.
- The role will include- some after school shifts, Saturdays, market Sundays and school holidays.
If the right candidate is found and in agreement with Moranbah State High School, we are happy to explore a School Based Traineeship as well.
To apply please drop your resume into Big On Shoes or email to Melissa at firstname.lastname@example.org.